Accounting Clerk II
New Orleans, LA
Specific Job Duties
- Receive and process payments, adjustments and rejected T&A(s)
- Review supporting documentation, conduct research and analyze in accordance with
- Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Document the retirement and salary data and other calculations according to the SOP
- Enter data into the automated system according to SOP
- Review incomplete/inaccurate files, returned work, resolve all defects, and forward
- complete/accurate package for review
- Reconcile and/or update all data per SOP
- Raise all issues to Government Project Lead.
- Close-out completed case files according to SOP
Employees should possess the following knowledge and/or skills:
- Knowledge of and the ability to use the Microsoft Office Suite of applications, specifically Excel and
- Knowledge of and ability to interpret and apply an extensive body of laws, regulations, policies, and procedures in order to process payments, adjustments and rejected T&A(s).
- Ability to interpret and apply regulatory material; to identify and solve complex problems; to research, assembles and analyzes information, and recommends
- Knowledge of and ability to use an automated system to enter data
MUST BE ABLE TO PASS A NATIONAL SECURITY BACKGROUND CHECK