New Orleans, LA | Temporary to Hire
Are you a quick learner? Can do attitude? Love working with people? Great personality? If so, then Delta Personnel is looking for YOU!!
We are looking for a Staffing Specialist to support Delta Personnel. The Staffing Specialist is responsible for interfacing with our customers to determine the client's staffing needs. Staffing specialist will recruit and interview applicants to determine proper skills and proper fit for temporary employees across a wide range of industries. This is both a fun and challenging position, allowing employees to determine the best way to execute on tasks and to manage the customer relationship how they best see fit. The ideal candidate for this opening loves to be involved in several things and can multi-task with relative ease.
- Demonstrate excellent telephone interviewing skills
- Work in a team environment and be self- motivated
- Determine and create recruitment methods and practices to attract top talent
- Recruit and screen candidates to assess skills and expertise
- Conduct interviews to further identify strengths and weaknesses to find proper placements for temporary assignments
- Handle all employee pre-placement screenings such as customer specific testing, drug and background screenings
- Ensure proper documentation of employees by entering employee records accurately in our applicant database
- Interface with clients regularly to make sure staffing needs are being exceeded
- Networking in the community, talking to people extensively to match outstanding professionals with their next stop in their career
Qualifications and Requirements
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in staffing, recruiting or HR
- High sense of urgency to exceed customer needs
- Must be able to work first shift, Monday-Friday and be flexible with work hours to meet business needs which can include weekends
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent people skills and ability to work face-to-face with the public
- Must be highly skilled in Microsoft Office suite - especially Outlook, Excel, and Internet.
- Provide outstanding customer service skills.
- Must have the ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines at the same time
- Ability to communicate effectively to all levels of individuals in diverse settings.
- Follow process guidelines and procedures
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Portray a friendly and professional image at all time
- A high school diploma or equivalent; a bachelor’s degree or equivalent staffing experience is helpful
- Bi-lingual is a major plus
- Most be able to work extra hours and some weekends as needed