Director of Sales
New Orleans, LA | Direct Hire
Are you ready to help bring major events to the New Orleans Area? If so, Delta Personnel has a client that is looking for a Director of Sales for a Destination Management Agency in New Orleans. This individual should have excellent relationship building skills, ability to lead a sales team in a fast-paced environment and experience working on large events.
- Provides leadership to the day-to-day operations of the sales department while focusing on the company’s revenue goals.
- Provides direction, structure and mentoring to sales managers to achieve sales and profit goals
- Works closely with the President and General Manager on developing strategic improvements to the sales process
- Directly supervises sales managers in the New Orleans office
- Collaborates closely with our local, national and international partnership account managers
- Provides hands-on training to new hires in the Sales Department and other Sales Support personnel as necessary
- Spearheads strategies to meet or exceed annual revenue goals
- Hits personal sales goal as defined by the President and General Manager
- Secures new business for the company through strategic business development efforts
- Supports sales managers with creative selling practices to secure business and maintain profit
- Supports sales managers with client issues/resolutions
- Distributes leads in partnership with the President and General Manager
- Tracks leads to sale/contract or other disposition through the company’s CRM – VIPER system.
- Coordinates a weekly update meeting with the General Manager and President
- Reviews and tracks sales reports in person and in the system, meets regularly with Sales Managers to keep goals on track
- Ensures that all sales outreach activity notes are updated and maintained in the company’s CRM - VIPER
- Manages weekly sales meeting and provides report to General Manager and President weekly
- Calls in/attends sales meeting with national sales partners
- Meets regularly with the President, General Manager, and Operations Team to review cross-department strategy.
- Works collaboratively with the General Manager to ensure cohesive sharing of information across sales and operations
- Works closely with the Sales Support team on enhancements for proposals/presentations
- Manages the strategic plan and results for specific hotel account relationship development and lead generation
- Assists the General Manager with yearly reviews of the sales and sales support staff
- Active in the hiring and personnel decisions of sales department
- Other tasks as assigned or as the position evolves