New Orleans, LA | Temporary
Delta Personnel is looking for a Paralegal in the New Orleans area. The position requires very limited contact with the public and will be provided in a government office with essentially no travel requirements. Occasionally, lifting may be required within the range of about 15 pounds, such as boxes of documents. Knowledge of software such as mail merge for mass mailings may be needed.
The range of services to be performed includes the following:
• Gathers, collates, classifies data from on line computer-based systems;
• Able to create databases in Excel;
• Able to organize files to track defendant’s compliance with written settlement agreements and orders;
• Assists in preparation of case files;
• Willing to develop ability to explain legal unit’s responsibilities to charging parties and other members of the public;
• Willing to interview witnesses and otherwise collect factual information;
• Able to obtain and extract court case records utilizing PACER system (desired but not required);
• Willingness to develop skills to accomplish the foregoing.