New Orleans, LA | Temporary
Our client-focused office needs a reliable, well-organized Office Manager to handle day-to-day operations with a focus on efficiency and time management. The Office Manager will be responsible for developing intra-office communication protocols, streamlining administrative procedures, inventory control, office staff supervision and task delegation. We’re looking for an energetic professional who doesn’t mind wearing multiple hats and managing multiple projects. This position will include benefits after a 90-day probationary period.
Office Manager Job Responsibilities:
Supports company operations by maintaining office systems and operations
Office Manager Job Duties:
- Maintains office services by organizing office operations and organizational procedures; preparing payroll; scheduling, account payable, controlling correspondence; designing filing systems; reviewing and approving supply requisitions; ordering/maintaining office supplies, assigning and monitoring clerical functions.
- Managing day to day activity of membership program by assisting Executive Director with recruitment, retention, and recognition
- Provides historical reference by defining procedures for retention, protection, retrieval, transfer, and disposal of records.
- Maintains office efficiency by planning and implementing office systems, layouts, and equipment procurement.
- Designs and implements office policies by establishing standards and procedures; measuring results against standards; making necessary adjustments.
- Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Keeps management informed by reviewing and analyzing special reports; summarizing information; identifying trends.
- Maintains office staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees, interns, volunteers and members
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Manage employee schedules and troubleshoot scheduling conflicts as they arise
Office Manager Skills and Qualifications:
Supply Management, Communications, Tracking Budget Expenses, Managing Processes, Developing Standards, Promoting Process Improvement, Inventory Control, Reporting Skills
- Associate degree required (B.A. or B.S. preferred)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with scheduling, budgeting, personnel and payroll
- Advanced computer skills (Quicken experience a plus)
- Supply management experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comfort with fast-paced environment
- Physical Requirements:This employee must be able to walk, bend, crawl, reach, kneel and stoop on a frequent basis. Must be able to occasionally lift up to 50 pounds.